Clarity characteristics: That affects transparency, brilliance, or durability have the most influence on value.
1) Eye clean: No inclusions visible to the unaided eye.
2) Cloudy: Any hazy or milky area that can’t be described as a feather, fingerprint, or group of included crystals or needles.
3) Feather: Any separation or break, color zoning, parting, and fracture in a stone.
4) Slightly included: Minute inclusions to see with the unaided eye.Like: Liquid, needles, and fingerprint.
5) Moderately included: Minor inclusions easy to see, included crystals, breaking, color zoning, and clouds.
6) Heavily Included: Large, prominent inclusions that cause durability problems or loss of transparency.
7) Rutile/needle inclusions: A long thin inclusion that can be a solid crystal or a hollow tube that might be filled with liquid or gas.
8) Pinpoint: Minute inclusion, a tiny dot enclosed with a gem.
9) Opaque: No transparency.
10) VVS: Very very slightly included. Extremely difficult to see in the face-up position.
11) VS1/VS2: Very slightly included.Minor inclusions that difficult to see.
12) SI1/SI2: Slightly Included.Very easy to see under 10X loupe.
13) I1/I2: Included. Visible to the unaided eye.